Friday, February 18, 2011

INDIA – The New Generation, Degeneration?



“ 2nd graders, caught having oral sex in class” “Under-age driver mows down 5 huts, killing 3”, SUCH are the headlines the newspaper spits at my face every single morning making me wonder, what in the holy HELL went wrong in the making of the current generation.

It was the year 2009, the year I turned 18 and with it came the first ever new-year’s party I was “allowed” to attend. What surprised me in that party? The majority of the crowd there, were my juniors in the 8th – 9th grade from school, doing everything there was to do.
When did you get your 1st cell-phone?

After 10th grade, because you earned it by getting good marks?

In the 11th grade, because your parents could keep in touch with you, when you bust your ass travelling miles to college?

Just yesterday, there I was standing at the Vodafone showroom to pay my bill, a school-girl clad in the rather dull shade of the usual school uniforms, walks in, flips open her Xperia X10, n starts typing away to glory and there I was, wanting to slaughter her for I bet, she didn’t know a THIRD of the functions capable with such a beautiful phone, yet she had one.
Through and through the grapevine, I came to hear about some little dude who got a new PS3 because he threatened his parents to run away from home.

In my time, if I threatened to leave home, the typical reply from my Dad would’ve been “hahaha, go.” Where does that leave me?

How can we forget about the two most profitable small-time businesses in India right now?

MONEY RACKET No.1
Yes, I am referring to the BIGGEST farce ever possible and I give complete credit to whoever had this idea, The Hookah Parlours. They have actually managed to make kids believe that, adding sad fruit flavours to the “chillams” makes it “safe”. According to the studies, ONE hour of Hookah is equivalent to smoking 50+ cigarettes.
Prime Targets – 7th – 12th graders, who sit for a minimum of 3 hours at a stretch, with each Hookah costing around Rs.350.

MONEY RACKET No.2

Pool/Snooker Parlours, they are the “in” thing. You can visit these places just to see, our future generation shamelessly blowing their parent’s money at the rate of Rs.1000 per game, minimum.
The more intelligent entrepreneur, has combined MONEY RACKET 1 and MONEY RACKET 2, and given birth to MONEY RACKET No.3. It basically being both the “RACKETS” put together. Welcomed by the “cool dudes and dudettes” the “new and improved” Hookah + Snooker/Pool Parlours.

It’s surreal, to see our nation’s future, spending money, as if their parents shit currency notes everyday, and slowly get enslaved to the tobacco and nicotine burning their lungs, day-in and day-out as they shoot balls.


Which makes me ultimately wonder, if the actual process of de-generation has begun.

No, I am In NO way complaining. I love my life, I love my parents. It’s just the fact that, today’s kids do not understand the value of things they already have, let alone the things given to them.

So, What now?

Parents need to take over what is theirs. Rules, morals and control should be brought back. You need to be liberal, agreed, doesn’t mean that you let your kids off your control.

A message to all the Youngsters, No, I do not have anything against you guys, I got better things to do. You’re free to fuck yourself, you’re doing a great job anyway.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment