Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Endless Debate - Believers Vs Atheists


Here’s another one of the Drunk/Stoned conversation stories.

Same scenario, spazzing out on the pool-chairs.

Yet again we hit the topic of “God”.

And the age old debate of Believers Vs Atheists began.
My Friend, yeah, the same “god is energy” dude.

Me, an atheist, all said and done, but unlike some people, I know my mythology, my Vedas and all the “god” stories I’m supposed to know, and being an atheist is something I chose, AFTER I did my research.

Coming back, The point which he put forward was that “God” he believed in, was not some person, with a shape and form, “ “God” is just energy” he said, it’s the people who mess the concept up.

Let’s talk science, shall we? Heard of String theory?

EVERYthing in the universe, is said to be made of energy, in form of strings/ strings of energy, and according to the most fundamental Law of physics –
Energy can never be created, nor destroyed, it just changes form.


Which implies that, you, reading this piece, AND everybody and everything around you, is basically energy.

So, when you die, what happens to that energy? Does it become a shapeless entity? In which case, the whole concept of “spirits” comes alive. Do you even realise the difference, or do you continue living in a different dimension?

Who knows? Well, I Don’t.

As I’ve stated in the entry before this one, if one does look at the deeper meaning of things, there is science involved, in some way or the other. But, I'm not ready to believe that there is an invisible being up top, who keeps account of my every action, and will banish me to an eternity of burning in hell if I don't pray to him, and yet, he apparently, loves us.
That being said, this debate, has gone on, and will go on, over the years to come, with no conclusion.

Nobody knows why.

But that’s the beauty of life, the power to ask, the power to reason, the life we atheists choose. We do not to believe blindly, on what has been taught in school, or by our parents, or the various religious institutions. We do not believe in the “invisible supreme being”.
Adults with imaginary friends, should really consider professional help.

You get us proof, earn your respect.


So, Which side are you on?

No comments:

Post a Comment